Alec Baldwin returned to work on Monday, ending his three-and-a-half-month hiatus since the gruesome filming of “Rust” claimed the life of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins.
The actor has documented his travels to the UK. On Monday, he revealed in a video what it’s like to start acting again after stepping away from the camera.
“I said I would keep a little diary while I traveled and worked. We had our first day today, which is always tricky. I don’t work as much as I used to and I may have -be said before, but you go to work, and you forget what you’re supposed to do. I was just like, oh, my God, what are you doing? What are you playing or not? any of these stupid things i ended up doing it’s weird going back to work i haven’t worked since october 21st last year when this horrible thing happened on the set of this film, and the accidental death of our cinematographer Halyna Hutchins,” Baldwin said while lying in bed.
The actor-producer went on to say he was still in disbelief about the shooting that took place on the New Mexico set.
ALEC BALDWIN POSTS ‘VERY SAD VIDEO’, SAYS HIS WIFE AND CHILDREN ARE ALL HE HAS IN EMOTIONAL CONFESSION
“I may still have a hard time saying it. I went back to work today for the first time in three and a half months and the movies are almost always the same,” he said.
Baldwin, 63, pointed out that he felt like one of the oldest people in the room on the new set.
“Everyone is young compared to me, especially an independent film where there are good people. There are very good people but everyone is chasing after all the good people and a lot of the best are swallowed up by projects that have more money,” he said.
Baldwin, who did not reveal what project he is currently working on overseas, hinted that he was working on an independent film with a “very limited budget”.
ALEC BALDWIN’S INCLUSION IN COLORADO FILM FESTIVAL CAUSES TWITTER INFRINGEMENT
“Everyone is young and they work hard. The film crew is made up of hard working people. Standing all day in an unheated building all day I might add. The building had no heating and it was a tough day trying to get it all done. Lots and lots of indie movies can get tough to get right now. The amount of work you have and the time you have are definitely out of sync,” Baldwin continued.
Then Baldwin reiterated again that it was his first day in action since Hutchins’ death, calling it an “interesting” experience to get back to his job.
“Nice people, a beautiful city I’m in,” he reflected.
‘RUST’ ON-SET MEDIC FILES LAWSUIT AGAINST FILM PRODUCERS AND CREW MEMBERS
The actor concluded by sharing how much he missed his children at home. Baldwin and his wife Hilaria share six children. The actor also shares daughter Ireland Baldwin with ex-wife Kim Bassinger.
“I miss my kids. I miss my Carmen. She’s so funny. I miss them all and I miss every one of them. I’m so blessed in this way. All of my kids are so unique. I guess everyone who has a lot of kids feels that. You can’t understand how different they are. They’re so different. My kids are so different,” he said.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER
“I have to be here for a few more days and then who knows what the future holds. I hope for good things and then I’ll go home and see all my little people and a big person, well, she n She’s not very tall. She’s not tall at all. She’s a bit small but I like her,” he added of his wife.
Days before returning to work, Baldwin posted an emotional video on the social media platform saying how difficult it was to leave her children for a work trip.
“I’m at the airport and I’m about to go on a trip to do a little job and I’m, as often, miserable. I’m very sad every time I leave my family,” Baldwin, 63, said while rubbing his forehead.
At the time, he admitted in the video that he didn’t get much rest.
“I’m sorry my eyes are still so puffy. I can’t sleep,” he said.
Hutchins’ death occurred when a gun missed while Baldwin and Hutchins were rehearsing on the set of his western last October. The bullet passed through Hutchins and also injured director Joel Souza.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
In a December interview with ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos, Baldwin repeated that the gun was supposed to be empty when Hutchins showed her how she’d like it headed and claimed he didn’t pull the trigger. .
He also dismissed that the incident was his fault.
“Someone is responsible for what happened,” Baldwin said. “It is not me.”
Authorities are still investigating the shooting and several lawsuits have since been filed.