NEW: the documentaries section becomes competitive
Registrations for the 21st edition of the Transylvanian International Film Festival are now open! Mark your calendar and save the dates: June 17 – 26, 2022, Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
The next edition brings an important change in our regulations: the What’s Up, Doc? the section becomes competitive! It is now open to international documentaries over 60 minutes, directed by filmmakers in their first or second feature documentary. Only national premieres are taken into account.
- The Official Competition is dedicated to the 1st and 2nd directors of feature films
- What’s up Doc ? the competitive section is open to filmmakers for their first or second documentary
- The release dates (world premiere) of the films selected in the festival’s competitive programs must be after May 1, 2021
- Foreign and Romanian participations in the Official Competition and What’s new, Doc? must not have been screened in Romania
- National premieres have priority in all sections
February 1, 2022 for submissions for the official competition, Romanian Days (short and feature films), What’s Up, Doc ?, Full Moon, Supernova and No Limit.
20.00 EUR (early bird, October 15 – December 31, 2021)
40.00 EUR (January 1 – February 1, 2022)
Romanian films do not have a registration fee.
All regulations are available on our official website tiff.ro.
The Transylvanian International Film Festival (TIFF) is Romania’s most important film festival and one of the largest cultural events in the region. In 20 years, he has become a model for the film industry throughout the year and a national cultural brand with various satellite events across the country.
The Transilvania IFF experience means an exciting and intriguing selection, picturesque places such as castles or open-air museums, film concerts in churches, educational platforms for young audiences, solid industrial programs and a constant focus on the future of audiovisual content.